The Barry and Florence Friedberg Jewish Community Center promotes Jewish Life and Values by providing programs and services in a warm and caring environment for all people in every stage of life.
Located in Oceanside, New York, with centers in both Merrick and Long Beach, the JCC operates programs for new mothers/new babies, day care, nursery school, after school activities, summer camps, teen programs, adult activities, special needs programs, holiday events and cultural activities for all.
These extensive and varied programs are reflective of the JCC’s compelling mission to create a dynamic, caring community that helps families, youth, the elderly and the disabled at all economic levels.
- Over 500 children are enrolled in our day care and nursery school programs, which provide a quality early childhood education.
- 500 + children ages 2 – 15 attend Camp Friedberg, and spent their summer in an enriching Jewish environment.
- 500+ school-aged children participate in our after-school programs, allowing parents to work, knowing their children are being cared for in a safe, fun place.
- Over 300 individuals with Special Needs attend social-recreational programs at the JCC, which enable them to make new friends and learn new skills.
- Over 600 individuals were served by our social work department through our participation with UJA-Federation’s Partner’s in Caring program – services provided include bereavement groups, educational workshops, individual short term counseling, and information and referral.
- Over 750 seniors attend programs at the JCC, enhancing their lives through social, fitness, recreational and wellness programs.
- Volunteers have provided over 500 service hours, helping children, seniors, individuals with disabilities and community members in programs such as food drives, MS Swim, holiday luncheons and dinners, and our nursery and after school programs, and UJA-Federation’s Engage Jewish Service Corps Regional Day of Service.
- Over 700 people whose homes and lives were destroyed by Super Storm Sandy were aided in their recovery through mental health counseling, financial support and support groups.
- Over 1,000 children are enrolled in Sunrise Day Camp – the only free day camp for children with cancer and their siblings.
Six Points of Wellness
The Friedberg JCC is your Center for Wellness – we are proud to provide comprehensive programs that are centered on the whole body, mind and spirit, and incorporate our Six Points of Wellness.